Revolutionary Stainless Steel Cookware
“Revolutionary” is a play on words, as I wanted to cover a little ground today on Revere copper bottom cookware. Adding style to a modern kitchen does not have to break the bank and you don’t need to hire an interior decorator every time. It can come easily in the form of a new set of Stainless Steel Cookware from your local mall or any online store of your choice.
HISTORY OF REVERE COPPER BOTTOM COOKWARE
If it reminds you of Paul Revere, it should…he started the Revere Copper Company in 1801. While he didn’t make the cookware back then, or even in his lifetime, as the company grew they created their copper bottom stainless steel cookware in 1939. Back then, this cookware was highly advanced and became popular because it was lighter than the standard cookware of the time.
I’ve had one particular Revere copper bottom sauce pan for a while, but I can’t seem to track down its stainless steel grade. You may have noticed or even purchased utensils or flatware that say something like “flatware 18 10” or “flatware 18 0.” Those numbers stand for the grade of the stainless steel…the higher the second number, the better. The simple way to explain it is that the “18″ stands for the percentage of chromium in the stainless steel, and the second number (usually “0,” “8,” or “10″) stands for the percentage of nickel in the overall stainless steel formula
STAINLESS STEEL QUALITY
I know that the Revere cookware brand was purchased by World Kitchen, and that there have been some complaints from people who’ve used pre-World Kitchen Revere cookware that the World Kitchen version is thinner and cheaper than what they’re used too.
My sauce pan seems thin, but it is still great for any of the cooking I do. The nice thing about copper bottom cookware is that the copper spreads heat fast, thus keeping an even heat during cooking. No hot spots!
It is true that the copper can’t be cleaned with just soap and water like stainless steel, but since it is on the bottom, and not covering the entire piece of cookware, I don’t have as much surface area to worry about polishing.
Add to that the durability and easy cleaning of stainless steel and I’ve got a nice piece of cookware. Good enough to carry on the FOOD REVOLUTION!
Why Buy The Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets?
Having a good cookware set is very valuable in every kitchen. If you have gotten your hands on a bad set of cookware, you might be spending a lot of time in the kitchen which is very frustrating. A bad set of cookware that cannot cook food properly is just a waste of money. Investing in a set of stainless steel cookware will save you the headache of having to find a replacement for worn out pots and pans. That is why it is very important to have the best set of cookware to make your life easier.
Stainless steel cookware sets are getting more and more popular in the market today. They can add style and decor to any modern kitchen. They are highly in demand because of their many advantages and versatility. Here are some reasons why stainless steel cookware sets are considered as one of the best cookware today.
Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless steel cookware sets are corrosion resistant and they are also resilient to scratches. Making them last for many years and generations to come. Compared to other cookware sets in the market, these stainless steel vessels are very easy and quick to clean. There are stainless steel cookware sets that have sturdy and dishwasher safe handles which is very important.
Cooking and serving nutritious and delicious foods is also much easier with this cookware set because it of the copper or aluminum core that distributes even heat for proper cooking.
The best thing about stainless steel cookware sets is that the cookware is non-porous which means it does not add foreign materials to the food during cooking. It will not affect the odor or taste of the food that you are cooking. This is one of the factors that many health conscious individuals look for. So not only will they help make your kitchen look and feel more modern, you also get the benefit of a healthier lifestyle cooking.
These are just few of the reasons why stainless steel cookware sets are preferred by housewives and professional chefs. If you are looking for the best stainless steel cookware sets in the market, make sure that you spend some time doing a little research or look up on the best reviews of stainless steel cookware sets.
One option that is constantly overlooked when it comes to upgrading window treatments is that of electric curtain rails. With the use of a motorised track, these inventions mean that curtains can be opened by a homeowner with a remote control without them having to even leave their seat. An innovative creation, these window treatments can be customised to suit any room and give the user total convenience no matter where they are.
Why you should consider electric curtain rails?
Like everything else in the world today, electric curtain rails are developing with the times and are becoming more and more innovative. They can be set to timers which allows them to open and shut at predetermined times. This means that you can wake up to the morning sunrise without leaving your bed on those particularly lazy weekends.
Perhaps more importantly, they can be set to open and close when you aren’t there either. This can used as a deterrent to potential burglars when you are away on holiday, as they will see regular movement and changes in the home and assume the house is still occupied. Combined with an alarm system and other security measures, electric curtain rails can help secure your home as well as provide convenience.
Curtain rails can also be activated and prompted by light sensors, meaning that you are able to open and shut the curtains when the light outside starts to lighten up or dim down. Additionally, the rails can also be operated with heat sensors and wall switches.
Installing your curtain rails is also a very simple process which requires very little in the way of hardware. They should already come pre-wired, meaning that you don’t have to read the “A-Z of electronics” to fit them on your windows. The first step is to mount the motorised rail above the desired window, then loop the curtains on to it before plugging it into an electricity outlet. The belt-drive system on which a good motorised curtain rail should be run is likely to require very little maintenance (if any at all) and should work without any problems whatsoever at least 15,000 times.
The input required with these is minimal, and curtain rails can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run. Add to this the fact that they can also wind up being a potential security measure, and you have a whole list of reasons to explore the possibility of installing them in your home.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite as sci-fi geeks taking a pilgrimage to America’s UFO heartland. There they meet a smart-ass alien, Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen), who takes them on an insane road trip. As they struggle to return Paul home, the little green man might just take the outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes.
From the director of Superbad, Greg Mottola, and with a stellar supporting cast including Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Joe Lo Truglio, Jane Lynch and Sigourney Weaver, Paul is a must-own comedy adventure not to be missed!
Simon Pegg (Graeme Willy/Written by) was recently seen in John Landis’ Burke & Hare and voiced the character Reepicheep in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. He was also seen boldly going in to the J.J. Abrams-directed Star Trek, playing the iconic role of Montgomery Scott (“Scotty”), and heard as one of the new lead voices in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, playing Buck.
Pegg co-wrote and co-starred (as Tim Bisley) in the worldwide acclaimed…(Click Here For More)
Actor, producer and director JASON BATEMAN (Agent Zoil) was honored with a Golden Globe Award in 2004 for Best Actor in a Comedy Series, and earned an Emmy Award nomination and two Screen Actors Guild nominations for his irreverent portrayal of Michael Bluth in the Mitchell Hurwitz-created, multi-award-winning comedy series Arrested Development. Since then, Bateman has attained leading-man status on the big screen while returning to his roots in television by continuing to produce, write…(Click Here For More)
(Haggard) joined the cast of Saturday Night Live (SNL) in the 2005-2006 season. Heralded by New York magazine as “SNL’s new secret weapon,” Hader boasts “impersonations and sarcasm delivered with eviscerating deftness.”
Originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, Hader co-starred in the Judd Apatow-produced comedy hits Superbad, for director Greg Mottola, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, for director Nicholas Stoller. He also appeared in Apatow’s Knocked Up…(Click Here For More)
(Clive Gollings/Written by) first came to prominence as the gun-mad character Mike Watt in Channel 4’s Spaced.
Since then, Frost has become one of the U.K.’s most sought-after actors. He earned a nomination for Most Promising Newcomer by the British Independent Film Awards for his role in the cult zombie movie Shaun of the Dead, starring opposite Simon Pegg. Frost again starred with Pegg in the hugely successful hit comedy Hot Fuzz, and will also be seen, alongside Pegg…(Click Here For More)
A comedic star born from the Saturday Night Live (SNL) stage, KRISTEN WIIG (Ruth) has become one of the most sought-after talents in film and television today. Wiig recently earned her second Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her incredible work on Saturday Night Live, playing such memorable characters as the excitable Target clerk, Lawrence Welk singer Dooneese, the hilarious one-upper Penelope, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Suze Orman, among others…(Click Here For More)
(Paul) was recently seen in Judd Apatow’s Funny People, starring opposite Adam Sandler. He also starred in the dark comedy Observe and Report, opposite Anna Faris, taking on the role of the mall security guard Ronnie. The film was directed by Jody Hill. Up next for Rogen was the 3D animation phenomenon Monsters vs Aliens. Rogen voiced B.O.B. and was joined by Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon and Rainn Wilson. The film was released by DreamWorks Animation…(Click Here For More)
- DIGITAL COPY OF PAUL (EXPIRES 1/27/2012):Viewers can download a Digital Copy of Paul for a limited time to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
- BETWEEN THE LIGHTNING STRIKES: The Making of Paul.
- BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURETTES:
- RV Doorway: The Cast of Paul On-Location: The cast is just as funny off-screen as they are in front of the camera.
- Runway Santa Fe: An Interview with Nancy Steiner: Follow Nancy Steiner, the costume designer, as she chooses hilarious T-shirts and wardrobe for the cast.
- Smithereens: Blowing up a house on location causes excitement among the cast.
- 5th Date Level Direction: The Cast on Greg Mottola: The cast talks about the fun of working with Mottola, who also directed Superbad.
- Mexico Zero: The Locations of Paul: Mexico Zero is the nickname the cast gives to New Mexico, where the majority of filming was done for Paul.
- The Many Pauls: To create Paul, the filmmakers used all the tricks of the trade, from capturing Seth Rogen’s facial expressions and movements, to using a child dressed up as an alien while on-set.
- Paul: The Musical: The cast joins together for an impromptu musical version of the film.
- The Traveler Beagle: A look at all the different RVs used on the set of Paul, from fully functioning vehicles to a mock-up on a Hollywood soundstage.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
- FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY:Consumers will have instant access to stream a free bonus movie of their choice.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH GREG MOTTOLA, SIMON PEGG, NICK FROST, BILL HADER AND NIRA PARK
- PHOTO GALLERIES, STORYBOARDS AND POSTERS
- MY MOVIES™: Users can instantly rent a selection of Universal film favorites on their television, Smartphone, computer or iPad™ including hits such as Meet the Parents, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Role Models, The 40-Year-Old Virginand Fast and Furious, at a price of $2.99.
- POCKET BLU™: The groundbreaking Pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, BlackBerry®, Nokia® Smartphone, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Also available on the iPad®, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of Pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. Pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of Pocket BLU™ – enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
Posted On: July 21, 2009
Posted In: Greg Mottola, Joe Lo Truglio, Lance Bangs, Nick Frost, Sigourney Weaver, Simon Pegg
Comments: 28 Responses
Watch the first video at Scott Pilgrim The Movie.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost give us a more detailed look at the cast and crew of ‘Paul’.
This video blog was shot and edited by Lance Bangs
Bill Hader Greg Mottola Jason Bateman Joe Lo Truglio Kristen Wiig Lance Bangs Nick Frost Nira Park Simon Pegg
What is Paul?
‘What is Paul?’ is the production blog for Greg Mottola’s film ‘Paul’ written by and starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
Here you will find all of the official behind the scenes videos being shot by Lance Bangs as well as the odd candid video or photograph taken by the cast and crew.
About the Film
PAUL is a comedy about two sci-fi geeks who embark upon a pilgrimage in a RV to the center of America’s UFO heartland: Nevada’s infamous Area 51. While in the middle of that desert, the two friends encounter a fugitive alien by the name of Paul. Somewhat reluctantly, they embark upon an adventure that will change not just their lives forever, but also the lives of the friends and enemies they encounter along the way.
Mr. Neil on Simon and Nick introduce the story, cast and crew
Deb on What is Paul? ASK!
Deb on Simon Pegg and Bill Hader make English Tea
souleimane on What is Paul? ASK!
Megan on Simon Pegg and Bill Hader make English Tea
Florent on What is Paul? ASK!
Darryl on What is Paul? ASK!
Adam Lebransky on What is Paul? ASK!
What is Paul? » Blog Archive » Simon and Nick introduce the story … | Movie Cinema Vip on Simon and Nick introduce the story, cast and crew
J-Ho on What is Paul? ASK!